Wednesday, June 15, 2016

15 Jun 2016 - Running Out of Subject Lines Already

Dear All,

Middle-aged Mormon moms are the worst. So far, each time one of them
has seen us they just grab my arm with the tightest grip and scare me
to death with a scream of surprise, "ELDERS!!!". No joke, this is
legit what happens almost every single time. On the contrary, the men
that have seen us generally are just like, "Hey Elders how's it
going?" So nonchalantly, almost like they planned on meeting us
there. It's very funny to see the difference in reactions.

We went to check on someone we had a little information on, and their
"nice hearing son". The son wasn't there, but the deaf mother was. She
said he was at the store, so we taught her and it was good. We left
and ended up going down the wrong way,so we turned around to go the
correct way and BOOM, we saw the son walk into the apartment. So we
went right back to the apartment and knocked the door and talked with
him. He's super interested and really wants to start taking his mom to
the church. We're super excited to meet with him again. That's a
potential eternal family found! So excited.

We witnessed some more Bronx Mom action this week, only this time
wasn't nearly as funny. This mom was just constantly nagging her child
to sit down and be quiet, but then continued to encourage rowdy
behavior from the child. Then, this is where the inner Bronx-Mom came
out: The kid stood up out of her seat and right into the mom's swinging
palm to the kid's forehead. The kid kinda fell back down into the
seat. The smack sound was about equal to the closing of a car door.
The kid was completely unfazed, even as a red mark developed on her
forehead. She even later began to stand up again, but when the mom loaded
her arm like a gun to smack the daughter again, the daughter promptly
sat down. This was certainly a (Bronx) New York moment.

I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. It's only real
because of Jesus Christ's sacrifice. When we sin, there is no point in
holding onto that guilt. The longer
we wait to repent, the longer we're not allowing Christ to take that
from us. By saying that we don't need help from others, we're actually
being prideful in saying we don't need the help that Jesus Christ has
already allowed us to receive. I am so grateful
that I don't have to suffer for my mistakes. Every time I've repented
of something, it doesn't bother me anymore. The guilt I once felt
suddenly seems non-existent. "Behold, he who has repented of his sins,
the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more" (D&C
58:42). Jesus Christ is waiting for us all to allow h
Him to take that
from us. We just have to be humble enough to admit that we need Him. I
know that my Heavenly Father loves me. I know this because I've felt
His love in my life. I know that the Holy Ghost cares about each of us
just as much as our Father and our Savior do. All three of them do
everything in Their power to make us happy.

Quotes:
"Woo woo woo! Utah Utah Salt Lake City. Ogden, Utah, Salt Lake City!"
"Why lie? I need a beer."
"Joseph Smith, that's the guy you guys worship, right?"
"I wonder how long it's gonna be before I get married? I thought it
was gonna be a year but then I thought, 'Oh wait, it's eternity.' So I
think it'll be two years."
"I'm willing to get fat for you, Elder."
"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains."
"For a brick, he flew pretty good!"
"Lights will guide you home. I'll ignite your bones...and fix you."
"So how do you make it two years? Well, ask for humbling experiences
and then hang on for the ride."
"I'm selling this candy for myself, so I can make more money to buy more candy."
"Attitude reflects leadership, Captain."

Scriptures:
Jacob 2:9-10
2 Nephi 33:10-11
2 Nephi 9:39
Jacob 7:14
D&C 109:21

Keep on Truckin

-Elder Daniel West



No comments:

Post a Comment